Every day, an average of ten people die from unintentional drowning. Drowning continues to rank fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the United States and second for causes of death in children aged 14 and under.
The NDPA continues to work hard to bring those numbers down through water safety awareness, education and advocacy. As 2019 draws to a close, we look back and take stock of the progress made to further our goals of drowning prevention:
- Developed a new organizational strategic plan.
- Renewed our focus on advocacy and grassroot drowning prevention efforts.
- Relaunched the NDPA Membership Partnership Program.
- Relaunched the NDPA Blog.
- Increased investment and expanded our marketing efforts.
- Hosted the NDPA annual educational conference with the highest ever attendance rate.
- Launched the NDPA Webinar series.
- Launched the new NDPA website.
- Launched the NDPA Layers of Protection Product Recommendation Program.
- Rebranded the annual conference to National Water Safety Conference with a renewed purpose and identity for the new decade.
- Approved membership to Water Safety USA.
These achievements would not have been possible without the support and contributions of all our members, partners and sponsors and above all the commitment and dedication of the NDPA Board Members.
We are ready to welcome a new year and a new decade with redoubled efforts to prevent drowning and promote water safety best practices throughout the country.
United, we can prevent the tragedy of drowning. Support the NDPA today!