In his last official act as President of the NDPA Board of Directors, Blake Collingsworth has issued himself a pardon from all future committee assignments. As we know, Blake’s courage and compassion in support of NDPA’s mission is tireless and arguably unparalleled. Thus, as my first act as President of the NDPA Board of Directors, Blake’s pardon has been revoked.
All kidding aside, when you see Blake and Cathy, please take a moment to express your deepest gratitude for their steadfast leadership. In addition to a passion for drowning prevention and water safety, Blake, Cathy and I also share membership in Rotary International where we are guided by the Four Way Test:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Is it BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
It is with these core guiding principles that I am humbled and honored to step into the NDPA Board Presidency. Some highlights of the work our board, in partnership with a stellar staff, will focus on in the coming months include:
- Grounding diversity, equity and inclusion as connected to our mission and critical to ensuring the well-being of the communities we serve.
- Connecting our board more authentically with the people and communities we serve through broad committee engagement.
- Infuse new energy and vision into the strategic direction of NDPA as the national flagship water safety and drowning prevention organization.
As fellow board member Jeremy Smith announced multiple times at this year’s Water Safety Conference, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to reach out to let me know how you would like to get involved in the good work we are doing to save lives.