Each type of permanent fencing has their own recommendations and specifications:
Wood, Vinyl, Plexiglass, and Brick:
- Maximum opening should not exceed 1 ¾ inches.
- Horizontal and Vertical members:
- Distance between the top side of the horizontal members is less than 45 in.
- Horizontal members should be swimming pool side of the fence.
- Spacing between vertical members and within decorative cutouts should not exceed 1 ¾ inches.
- If the distance between the tops of horizontal members is more than 45 inches, the horizontal members can be on the side of the fence facing away from the pool.
- Spacing between the vertical members should not exceed 4 inches.
- Decorative cutout spaces should not exceed 1 ¾ inches.
Should have no indents and protrusions other than normal construction tolerances and masonry joints.
Mesh size should not exceed 1 ¼ in. square unless slats, fastened at the top or bottom of the fence, are used to reduce mesh openings to no more than 1 ¾ in.