2021 National Water Safety Conference Updates
As you know, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NDPA transitioned the 2020 National Water Safety Conference to an online delivery format. We felt a duty to provide high quality education, networking, and training no matter the circumstances. In less than 3-weeks our conference team raised up to meet this unforeseen challenge and successfully delivered the first virtual conference in our industry. Our speakers, exhibitors, and attendees proved that water safety was so important even during an unprecedented situation. The 2020 National Water Safety Conference increased attendance by 30% over the previous year’s conference and also provided attendees with over 60 high quality sessions that remained available for 5 months post conference.
2021 National Water Safety Conference
March 29 – April 1, 2021
Given the unpredictable and extended nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NDPA has made the decision to transition the 2021 National Water Safety Conference to an online delivery format, similar to the 2020 conference. We believe it is the best decision for our attendees, speakers, sponsors, and our organization. By making this decision now, we will allow our conference team over 5 months to plan and organize a conference that will no-doubt be even better than last year’s event. You can be assured that our conference team will deliver a virtual conference experience second to none. Here are some highlights you can expect at the 2021 National Water Safety Conference Online:
- 60+ educational sessions, trainings, and workshops.
- A full day of the conference focused on the U.S. National Water Safety Action Plan
- Multiple live keynotes, general session speakers, and panel discussions; including a panel discussion with government officials, politicians, and policy makers on drowning prevention legislation and advocacy.
- Numerous interactive networking events to expand your professional network in water safety.
- A redesigned interactive exhibit hall that allows even more meaningful interactions and connections with our sponsors and exhibitors.
- 5 months of post conference access to sessions. No more missed sessions and no more trying to soak up all the education at once.
Registration information will be available soon on www.WaterSafetyConference.com.
2021 Drowning Prevention Symposium (NEW)
San Diego, CA
September 13-14, 2021
We are extremely proud and excited to announce the first Drowning Prevention Symposium presented by NDPA. This new two-day autumn event is designed to bring together advocates, professionals, and leaders directly after the summer season. This smaller and seasonal event will focus on education, advocacy work, and sharing among the participants to better align drowning prevention efforts around the country. The first event will be held in-person in September of 2021 at the San Diego Mission Bay Resort. Mark the dates on your calendar and keep an eye out for more information in the near future. We can’t wait to be back in-person with you!
Thank you for your on-going support of water safety, the NDPA, and our conferences/events. We look forward to bringing you the best conferences and events yet in 2021.
Stay safe & stay well!
NDPA Conference Team